Job Reference #: CO18-7
Full Time | First Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Department: Accounting & Finance
Responsible for the daily functions within the Accounts Payable Department for Lactalis American Group Inc. Must be able to multitask and work in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
1. Reviews invoices and supporting paperwork for completeness and appropriate authorizations in accordance with Finance Policies and Procedures.
2. Analyzes vendor accounts and reconciles to vendor statements.
3. Answers all inquiries pertaining to the Accounts Payable function promptly and courteously.
4. Will assist in providing information needed during the month end and audit processes.
5. Make sure cash disbursements either by check or wire are completed timely and accurately.
6. File and maintain all vendor related material in Accounts Payable files.
7. Completes and mail tax-exempt certificates when applicable.
8. Knowledge in required documents; i.e. W-9, tax exemptions, sales tax, 1099’s
9. Continually review processes and make recommendations for improvements.
10. Keep up with all compliance issues and relevant research as it pertains to the Accounts Payable function.
11. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
• 2 years of Accounts Payable experience
• Strong Math Skills
• Proficient in Excel
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Must be dependable and be able to work well in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Mail your resume to:
Corporate and Commercial Headquarters
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
2376 South Park Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14220