Job Reference #: CO18-6
Intern | First Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
Department: Accounting & Finance
The Accounting Intern will work 40 hours/week for the duration of one year. Candidates who are interested in a part time position until school ends will also be considered. The intern will assist the Director of Accounting with multiple tasks. The internship program will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of accounting functions via on-the-job training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
1. Collect and analyze financial data.
2. Assist with monthly statutory financial reporting including flash results, balance sheet, P&L and cash flow using the systems of SAP, Excel, Hyperion, Espace, and HFM under the supervision of LAG’s Accounting Manager, Controller and Director of Accounting.
3. Assist on financial projects.
4. Provide clerical support for Accounting department in the areas of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and month end closing of the General Ledger.
5. Perform various monthly and weekly accounting functions.
6. Learn the key functionality of a corporate Accounting department.
7. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Candidate must be working towards completing a degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment.
• A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
• General Knowledge of an income statement, balance sheet, cash flows, and financial modeling.
• SAP knowledge is a plus.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office, specifically excel and outlook.
Mail your resume to:
Corporate and Commercial Headquarters
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
2376 South Park Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14220