Job Reference #: BE18-1
Full Time | First Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
Packaging Supervisor- First Shift
The Packaging Supervisor will assist the department manager to enhance the technical and financial performances of the packaging department. Incumbent will supervise their team to meet the required efficiencies in terms of quality, cost, deadlines and food safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
1. Supervise the packaging team’s work, integrate, training appraisal and discipline.
2. Leading the team by delegating, instilling of responsibilities, setting targets, communicating instructions and control.
3. Apply well defined standards with costs and budgets.
4. Analysis and evaluation of packaging efficiency data and determining the negative or positive net effect.
5. Lead and control various packaging parameters and implementing corrective actions.
6. Propose improvement plans, and technical and organizational improvements to management.
7. Works with Packaging Manager and Assistant Manager. Packaging in scheduling personnel and packaging schedule in a manner which maximizes the department’s production capability while meeting needs forecasted by sales.
8. Organize technical means: Plan action for preventative maintenance and cleaning breakdown.
9. Apply any environmental regulations and ensure they are respected. Propose improvements if necessary.
10. Apply safety rules and ensure they are implemented and followed.
11. Participate in analyzing occupational hazards as well as preventing potential risks.
12. Take necessary measures if people are performing unsafe acts or are in an unsafe environment.
13. Apply and enforce all quality programs.
14. Work closely with quality and food safety team to ensure the quality and specifications of product are continually met.
• Bachelor’s degree in Diary Science/ Chemistry or science related field preferred.
• 2 Years experience in dairy production and/or food industry preferred
• 2 Years experience in a management/ supervisory role
• Packaging equipment and processes, quality, food safety and health and safely.
• Process management, collective line management, line and non-line management, computer/office systems.
• Candidate will be analytical and be attentive to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
• Demonstrate a sense of responsibility and high professional standards, honesty, integrity, and objectivity.
Mail your resume to:
Belmont Plant & Distribution Center
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
218 South Park Street
Belmont, WI 53510