Job Reference #: CO17-48
Full Time | First Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
Import Export Intern
Department: Supply Chain
This position reports to the Export Internal Sales Manager and performs a variety of duties in support of the Export and Import Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service. The intern will work a minimum of 20 hours/week for duration of the internship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
1. Coordinate artwork, packaging and recipe changes on existing products:
a. Write and circulate manila 3 project approval document
b. Work on implementing changes with customer and LAG involved departments: QA, Industrial, Purchasing.
2. Monitor export and import specific packaging inventories and obsolescence
3. Work with representatives from LAG subsidiaries globally to provide LAG and import product information to them in order to explore export sales opportunities (dyelines, specifications sheets, pricing, etc.)
4. Manage projects in coordination with Lactalis subsidiaries/outside vendors / R&D / manufacturing/ purchasing/ marketing / supply chain / finance / legal to launch new SKUs
a. Set up retro planning with precise steps and deadlines to launch project in time. Review its accuracy with every department involved: Purchasing, Industrial and Logistics;
b. Develop packaging with customer and purchasing: send dyelines to customer, get QA and Legal approval or comments on art work developed by customer, submit final approved artwork to purchasing for printing;
c. Manage product launch process to completion, meeting all milestone dates and ensuring that all cross-functional work also meets milestone dates, for a successful, timely launch.
5. Update LAG export and import product catalogue with yearly innovations in coordination with LAG marketing teams
6. Research US market / Export market intelligence, and provide US market intelligence/trends to Lactalis global partners. Communicate with subsidiaries on LAG innovations.
7. Assist on developing innovations together with R&D and Purchasing for market specific recipes.
8. Engage in precise, timely, and professional communication with personnel in various departments.
9. Develop and coordinate cross-functional project plans and critical paths by utilizing project planning tools (E.G. MS project, periodic team meetings) in order to ensure timely implementation of import and export initiatives.
10. Gather input from stakeholders, senior management and project teams in order to ensure clear understanding of project scope, objectives, performance, and changes.
11. Other marketing projects related to products sold domestically, as assigned by domestic marketing team
12. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
• The candidate should be a recent college graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in International Business. Will consider candidates with majors in Supply Chain, Marketing, Business Management, Economics, French, or a related field.
• Will also consider candidates that are currently enrolled in school as long as they can commit to a minimum of 20 hours a week.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in French is required. Spanish would be helpful, but not required.
• Ability to read, to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and/or governmental regulations. Must have ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Needs to be familiar with sophisticated sales reporting systems.
• Ability to calculate figures and analyze data.
• Experience working effectively with teams outside formal lines of authority to accomplish goals.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, and Project.
• Strong communication skills both written and oral.
Mail your resume to:
Corporate and Commercial Headquarters
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
2376 South Park Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14220