Job Reference #: CO17-46
Full Time | First Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
This position is responsible for the sourcing and negotiation of packaging supply contracts for North American Plant facilities in the USA and Canada. Working closely with Plant Operations, Packaging Development & Marketing, this position is responsible for identifying and executing savings opportunities such as negotiation, value analysis and vendor transfer as a cross-functional effort to deliver cost reduction targets and optimize other performance measures such as on-time delivery & lead time on purchased goods and services, without jeopardizing quality, flexibility and supply continuity. Some travel is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
1. Activities will include preparing bid proposals, negotiating all pricing contracts, analyzing and summarizing all responses and executing final contracts with Suppliers. Every meeting with vendor should be prepared with agenda topics to be discussed, proposals and next steps. Minutes to be reported after every meeting.
2. Assist Plant Replenishes in day-to-day procuring practices. This may include training for the Plant Replenishes. Responsible for communicating changes in purchasing policies and procedures and ensuring that Plant Replenishes are following purchasing procedures.
3. Responsible for reviewing, approval and issuing of Supplier Pricing Grids.
4. Assist Plant Replenishes at all Plant locations with any issues relating to supply. This encompasses Suppliers, purchases and policies.
5. Develop supplier relationships to optimize supplier quality and performance, including continuous improvement, innovation, and reduction in total cost of ownership to add value to our Company. This will include leading supplier business reviews, reviewing supplier scorecards and the analysis of supplier non-conformance results.
6. Resolve supplier quality and supplier non-conformance concerns.
7. Develop and execute procedures to enable the plant locations to have consistent practices to enable the locations to consolidate purchases with our suppliers to take maximum advantage of available volume discounts.
8. Responsible for accurate completion of monthly savings tracking reporting for Savings, Value Analysis, and Negotiation
9. Assist the Director with the development of an Annual Saving target
10. Responsible for the establishing pricing and % inflation for Budget preparation for the following year (July- August)
11. Work with operations personnel to assist in establishing consistency in our plants regarding purchasing, enabling maximum flexibility. A plant audit will be conducted once a year in each plant.
12. Responsible for sourcing and qualifying Suppliers in conjunction with QA and Packaging Development. This will include site visits.
13. Responsible for compiling, organizing and maintaining all detailed Supplier information used to evaluate new and existing Suppliers.
14. Responsible for the research and compiling of all purchasing information including price history, quality, and service etc. for bid proposals.
15. Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and/or pricing.
16. Responsible for the preparation of market analysis reports with recommendations regarding alternatives.
17. Continually benchmark Suppliers to ensure that our company receives competitive pricing, quality, and service.
18. Responsible to provide to Assistant Administrative all data (#resource , pricing ,quantity) in order to update PRISM and SAP .
19. Work closely with all Corporate Purchasing Employees to make sure that Purchasing goals are well achieved
20. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year College in business or a business related field.
• Minimum of 2 year purchasing experience, preferably Packaging.
• Must develop an extensive knowledge of our various operations to be able to perform effectively.
• Ability to develop procedures, communicates instructions, read and analyze a variety of technical data, and interpret business periodicals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Microsoft Office products and the Internet. Intermediate and above skill level with spreadsheets.
Mail your resume to:
Corporate and Commercial Headquarters
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
2376 South Park Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14220