Job Reference #: CO17-42
Full Time | First Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
Corporate Quality Assurance Project Coordinator Intern
Department: Quality Assurance
The Corporate Quality Assurance Project Coordinator Intern will assist the Quality Assurance Department with various QA assignments and projects within Lactalis American Group. The QA Intern will support a team of QA professionals with projects and daily administrative tasks in the QA department.
The internship is a full-time position for one year, and is based out of Buffalo, NY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Help to transition our company's dairy product specification data base (Word based documents) to an internal database system
2. Act as the collection point of information from multiple departments in order to coordinate activities necessary to create dairy product (cheese, butter, milk etc.) specifications that are used for sales, production, and customer communication
3. Ensure appropriate authorization is obtained for spec requests, and facilitate the circulation of the prepared document for approval; make official spec readily available
4. Serve as support function for new product launches
5. Manage database systems to organize and store new product specs, revised specs, retired specs, correlating hyperlink documents, and project notes
6. Respond to customer requests and manage their account portals
7. Prepare progress reports for department projects
Education and/or Experience
- In order to fill this position, the candidate should be a recent college graduate with a Bachelor’s degree. Previous work experience with specifications, labels, and information databases desirable. Strong Communication skills, and Project Coordination skills are necessary for this role.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have very strong computer skills, comfortable using AS400, Excel, Access and Word at a high proficiency level.
Mail your resume to:
Corporate and Commercial Headquarters
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
2376 South Park Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14220