Job Reference #: CO17-41
Full Time | First Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
Human Resources Intern
Department: Human Resources
The Human Resource Intern will assist the Human Resources Department with various HR assignments and projects within Lactalis American Group. The HR Intern will support a team of HR professionals with projects in the areas of Recruitment, Benefits, HR Systems Implementation, HR Policy and Procedures and other capacities of Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide support on daily tasks in line with department objectives including setting up employee interviews, processing employee changes, terminations, and various HR projects
- Conduct an internal HR Audit of employee files, policies and procedures
- Support benefits department during open enrollment period with employee benefit/status changes
- Assist with Affirmative Action and EEO Documentation and Reporting through maintaining an Applicant Log
- Actively work and communicate with other business and functional units to assist with their human resources needs
- Review, correct, and track various human resources documents including I-9's and various other infra-company forms
- Schedule per-employment physicals, interviews, background checks, etc. for new hires
- Set up orientations, plant tours, and assist in on-boarding process
- Coordinate with LAG and government to efficiently process visas for international candidates
- Work closely with schools and recruitment agencies to identify candidates
- Manage, recruit, and per-screen domestic and international candidates
- Facilitate communication among individuals inter-office and infra-office
- Accept receptionist responsibilities and direct phone calls to proper individuals as well as create manuals and handbooks
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- In order to fill this position the candidate must be a full time college student or recent graduate, in their sophomore year or greater, working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business with a concentration in HR Management.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems; Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive HR information.
Mail your resume to:
Corporate and Commercial Headquarters
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
2376 South Park Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14220