Job Reference #: CO17-30
Full Time | First Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
Associate Marketing Manager (Culinary)
The Associate Marketing Manager supports the Director of Marketing in the planning, organizing, and controlling of assigned product lines targeting the food service channel of trade. The position requires continual communication with Sales Management, the Field Sales Force and coordination of activities with Finance, Operations, R&D, QA, Purchasing, Trade Marketing and other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
1. Responsible for the support of the product manager in the development, management and direction of assigned product line(s).
2. Responsible for support in the development of the annual marketing plan for the assigned product line(s)
3. Consistent with the overall strategy, will manage product development requirements. In addition will be responsible for manufacturing coordination for existing, new, and emerging products.
4. Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas including sales, QA, R&D, Manufacturing, Operations, Finance, Logistics, Purchasing, Advertising and Promotion Agencies, and Legal.
5. Coordinate Trade Marketing activities related to assigned product lines as directed by supervisor.
6. Track and analyze sales and marketing programs to evaluate efficiency and effectiveness. Provide recommendations as appropriate.
7. Produce competitive analysis comparing product with key competitors.
8. Manage the routing and approval of manilas, packaging and other materials. Communicate status and degree of urgency to all groups.
9. Build and maintain good cross functional relationships that facilitate the communication and cooperation necessary to manage the brand/business on behalf of the division.
10. Analyze pricing for assigned product lines taking into account competition, costs and strategy.
11. Perform actions, as directed by supervisor, in support of the financial health and progress of Lactalis Food service.
12. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Ideally incumbent will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- Experience in a food service organization focusing on operators and Food service Distributors is preferred
- Two years minimum experience in a Business to Consumer Company, experience in a consumer package good marketing position or food experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and/or governmental regulations.
- Needs to possess strong communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with all major functions within the company
- Must have strong critical thinking, problem solving and administrative skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Needs to have significant computer skills and background. In addition needs to be familiar with sophisticated sales reporting systems.
- Must be able to coordinate a number of activities internally with a variety of departments and functions.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mail your resume to:
Corporate and Commercial Headquarters
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
2376 South Park Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14220