Job Reference #: CO17-28
Full Time | First Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
As Category Manager, you are responsible for all elements of category management to deliver insight and best in class in store execution for key accounts. You play a pivotal role in the development of category plans, are responsible for making actionable recommendations from the analysis of IRI and other syndicated data sources. You are responsible for driving category management principles through the application of strong data analytics and consumer/shopper insights, providing compelling presentations and other information in support of sales and category growth. The Category Manger is a data research expert on key LAG categories, the customer's shoppers and has comprehensive knowledge of analyzing key market data. The Category Manager identifies opportunities and addresses both the manufacturer and the customers' needs to optimize category and item performance in terms of sales trends and market share.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop category definition and roles, assess and scorecard the category for (4 P’s) placement (distribution), authorization/assortment, promotion, pricing, and shelving. Develop category strategies, tactics and plans aligned with product and corporate strategies and review the category plan to track progress and make adjustments.
2. Coordinate category management and shopper marketing activities with the Trade Marketing, Category Managers and the National Account Team Leader. Analyze and evaluate consumer purchasing behavior in individual accounts.
3. Perform category and channel analysis for key strategic customers, develop business plans and strategies for achieving category volume, margin contribution, and market share including competitive analysis to identify opportunities and challenges.
4. Create customer presentations with data and insights using internal research, POS and syndicated data for customer performance reviews. And participate where necessary in presentations to key customers as the 'Category Expert'.
5. Work efficiently to respond to urgent requests for information and presentation support from the field to drive growth.
6. Work closely with the Shopper Marketing Manager on Key Accounts to align on price and promotional strategies to drive growth.
7. Category Captaincy, where appointed, takes the lead role in executing the research findings at store level, manages development of shelf recommendations with LAG’s Field Sales Management and Category Managers. Assist in all plan-o-gram development using corresponding applications. Establish working relationship with sales management to increase depth of understanding and focus of accounts. Works with Trade Marketing to develop in depth knowledge of category and consumer insights.
8. Continually educates the customer business teams on the category and brand in market performance and ongoing assessment of assigned Business’ Key Performance Indices (KPIs).
9. Manages the data sources and systems that support the Trade Marking, Sales, and Category Management teams. Develops a strong knowledge of the various tools available to assist in providing the company & customer a base of knowledge to further support market activities.
10. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or university.
- Minimum 2 years Category Management experience with a leading food manufacturer.
- 2-4 years sales experience with working knowledge of US retailers.
- Knowledge of the dairy industry a plus.
- Should have strong systems orientation and needs to be familiar with computer systems to support trade marketing activities.
- Proven track record of creating compelling and successful sales presentations tailored to individual customers as well as the ability to effectively communicate programs to field sales team.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry data (IRI, Nielsen, shipments, etc).
Mail your resume to:
Corporate and Commercial Headquarters
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
2376 South Park Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14220