Job Reference #: CO17-28
Full Time | First Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
Export Internal Sales Manager
Department: Supply Chain
Main responsibility includes accelerating the global sales development of LAG cheese portfolio using Groupe Lactalis worldwide network: Lactalis International (aka LINT) and Parmalat subsidiaries for Retail & Foodservice customers. This cross-territorial initiative will require for the Export Internal Sales Manager to work in close relationship with Regional Sales Managers and Lactalis subsidiaries all over the world in coordination with the director of Supply Chain Planning at LAG.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. Develop Lactalis brands and products, by selecting the appropriate distribution channels and by defining the marketing and commercial strategies together with the sales directors and managers, in full respect of the group’s policies, guidelines, and priorities in coordination with Brand manager for worldwide initiatives.
2. The Sales Function involves 2 dimensions :
a. Internal Sales: Sell through Lactalis and Parmalat worldwide sister companies and support the international sales teams in reaching their sales, volumes and contribution targets.
b. External Sales: Sell US cheeses to countries where Lactalis subsidiary presence in not there
3. Develop annual export budget in coordination with subsidiaries and the Director of Supply Chain Planning.
4. Review and update export forecast in coordination with Director of Supply Chain Planning on a continuous (monthly) basis.
5. Ability to manage the Export P&L with direction from Director of Supply Chain Planning. This involves understanding of futures market (CME). Coordinate the management of milk futures & secure coverage of the milk futures in coordination with VP of Finance.
6. Monitor Export sales and contribution results and publish necessary reports every month.
7. Review and update ITP’s for communication with Lactalis sister companies in coordination with LAG Finance.
8. Provide US market intelligence/trends to Lactalis global partners. Communicate with subsidiaries on LAG innovations. This also involves providing at times appropriate logistical solutions (optimized route/air and ocean quotations).
9. Facilitate resolution of logistical and quality issues by communicating with appropriate department (Supply Chain/ Quality).
10. Attend trade shows to support/facilitate contacts with Export customers.
11. Manage some marketing functions. Duties include:
a. Launch new potential export SKUs based on market potentials.
b. Manage projects in coordination with Lactalis subsidiaries/ outside vendors/ R&D/ manufacturing/ purchasing/ marketing/ supply chain/finance /legal to launch new SKUS.
c. Create and/or update export specific packaging.
d. Monitor export specific packaging inventories and obsolescence.
e. Update LAG Export product catalogue with yearly innovations in coordination with LAG marketing teams.
f. Research US market/ Export market intelligence.
- Ideally incumbent will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or University; three to five years’ related experience and/or training will be a plus; Bi or multilingual capabilities will carry weight (English + French + Spanish).
- One should have strong communication, organizational and computer skills.
- One must have a working knowledge of sales and customer relationships.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business reports, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- One must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- One must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, sales personnel, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Being proficient in French and Spanish Languages is a bonus.
- One must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- One must have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Must be able to perform detailed analysis of statistical information from various sources and synthesize information to draw conclusions and develop recommendations for action from superiors and subordinates.
Mail your resume to:
Corporate and Commercial Headquarters
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
2376 South Park Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14220