Job Reference #: CO17-18
Full Time | First Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
Manager of Applications
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Manager of Applications is responsible for the management of all IT application based projects (SAP and legacy) throughout their lifecycle. This dynamic leader has the qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. They provide leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outcomes to time, budget and quality criteria and Leadership. The Manager of Applications also ensures adherence to project management methodology practices, performs Project Management reviews and reinforces the enterprise knowledge management through the communication of lessons learned and best practices development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
- Provide leadership and direction to 5+ information and technology team members.
- Liaison with business partners and colleagues become a trusted advisor on recommending, defining, implementing and supporting applications that are aligned with business and IT strategies.
- Provide leadership to the application development and support team by building team skills and motivating team members to meet project goals, responsibilities and project milestones
- Coordinate with other IT managers and Directors to review project proposals, determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and resource allocation.
- Accountable for defining, planning, orchestrating and delivering given strategic initiative(s).
- Direct projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders and matrix partners.
- Define and track project charters, integrated project plans, resource plans, risk plans and budgets.
- Prepare and present clear and well defined project status reports and issue logs to key project stakeholders and management team members.
Manager Responsibilities: Manages a team of employees in the Information Technology Department. Incumbent is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university with five to ten years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 5+ years’ experience managing and leading a technical team
· 5+ years of applied experience managing mid to large scale projects in an SAP environment
· 3+ years of experience in a Major Consulting firm preferred.
· A good working knowledge of the SAP ABAP and Basis
· Proficient in SAP SD and/or FI configuration
· Working knowledge of other SAP modules (MM, PP, PM and WM)
· SAP Project management methodology
· Proven ability to influence and lead with and without authority
· Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
· Strong planning and organization skills
· Program/Project Management Professional (PMI PMP) or equivalent certification preferred
Mail your resume to:
Corporate and Commercial Headquarters
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
2376 South Park Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14220