Job Reference #: CO17-10
Full Time | First Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
Manager, Business Development Private Label
Department: Finance & Accounting
The Manager- Business Development Private Label will be responsible for developing private label business for alternative markets to include fruit pouches, fruit juices, infant formula, and other Group product categories, in the US market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
1. Lead new product projects with cross functional team members; sets goals and objectives tied to business plan
2. Establishes and maintains partnership with sales & marketing agent (broker); works with sales agent to identify opportunities and develop plans to accomplish pre-determined goals
3. Coordinate business reviews with regional buyers and HQ staff, drive the analysis of customers strategy, performances, strengths and weaknesses
4. Input to category plans and support strategic plan development with partner departments (GM, Marketing, R&D, Industrial and Supply Chain); broaden business scope to include international opportunities
5. Recommend and implement LAG strategy into customer plan along with broader coordination across Group Lactalis corporate sales department
6. Develop, prepare and submit information required as part of the company's business plan (with supporting budget)
7. Works effectively with Lactalis product managers and broker support to develop branded & private label club centric product and packaging across domestic and imported opportunities
8. Maximize synergies in customer plans for all Lactalis divisions (Deli, Dairy, Culinary & Powders) to achieve maximum results
9. Develop a deep knowledge of the alternative markets (fruit pouches, fruit juices, infant formula, others) including products, customers, competitors , and other information that will enable customers to view Lactalis as an expert in these categories
10. Develop a deep working knowledge of Lactalis, both LAG and International with strong understanding of our global portfolio of Dairy-Alternative products
11. Develop a deep knowledge of customers, collect and analyze all customer elements (strategy, organization, market share, consumer profiles, etc.) and is personally responsible to develop customer relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization.
12. Develop an appropriate LAG sales strategy and action plan for each alternative product market that is consistent with company goals, objectives and strategies; effective use of consumer insights, customer knowledge and syndicated data to prepare fact-based presentations
13. Set sales performance targets (KPIs) according to company objectives (qualitative and quantitative targets)
14. Develop and recommend appropriate resources to achieve objectives (budgets, promotion plan, organization)
15. Negotiate if necessary global customer agreements, joint business planning and joint score carding
16. Structure the market review, designed for the customer and build the conceptual sell
17. Sell the market review to the customer in order to align mutual strategies
18. Direct and assist in the development of category management presentations to the Customer
19. Support divisions activities and company efforts in customers issues management
20. Effective motivation and development of any/all customer brokers
21. Closely monitor sales and all agreed KPI’s to ensure LAG strategies are being executed
22. Structure the analysis of results through targeted customer category reviews
23. Recommend, validate and implement corrective actions
24. Maintain ability to travel up to 50%
25. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communication, or another comparable discipline; MBA preferred.
• Five (5) to ten (10) years related experience in retail or club channel management of Branded and/or Private Label experience is required, and experience in CPG (ideally food, beverage or dairy) is strongly preferred.
• Experience with emphasis on domestic and imported products is desirable.
• Multi-lingual ability to include French and/or Spanish is also a plus, but definitely not a requirement.
Mail your resume to:
Corporate and Commercial Headquarters
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
2376 South Park Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14220