Job Reference #: BE17-01
Full Time | First Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
Manager, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
This position is responsible for performing a variety of administrative, technical, and professional work in administering and managing the plant Human Resources functions including compensation, recruitment, selection, benefits counseling, employee and management relations. Specific responsibilities include overseeing the enrollment of insurance coverage, and human resources transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations; preparing reports such as turnover percentages, and personnel activity reports; employment/labor laws; working in collaboration with the Corporate Training Manager on the completion of the training plan for supervisors and crew relating; monitoring all disciplinary actions taken to ensure they are consistent and fair; performing other responsibilities as they arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
• Update job requirements and job descriptions
• Manage Staff: integrate, train, appraise, redefine responsibilities, praise, ensure development and gauge training needs
• Conduct interviews as necessary
• Lead a team: delegate, instill a sense of responsibility, set targets, communicate instructions, control, listen
• Provide advice and counsel to management and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures, and practices. Investigate and advice regarding internal and external employee relations and concerns working with corporate team on responses.
• Provide reports to upper management
• In collaboration with other management personnel, Corporate HR Services and Vice President of Human Resources in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures and goals
• Recruitment of qualified applicants, testing, interviewing, provide guidance to managers on candidate selection; in concert with the Corporate Recruitment Manager provide recommendations and develop a local workforce plan and local strategy to successfully recruit, develop and retain qualified candidates.
• Conduct and analyze exit interviews, recommend changes
• Manage new hire orientation process
• Oversight of employee training, managers to coach and discipline, provide counsel to managers and supervisors
• Facilitate employee reviews, identifies strengths and weaknesses
• Participate in wage and benefit surveys, job evaluations
• Prepare budget information as requested
• Assess employee benefits and make suggestions to corporate
• Maintain and update employee policies and procedures
• Keep aware of general climate of the plant, being sensitive to employee needs
• Collaborates with various Core Services to ensure the needs of the site are met and in alignment with corporate programs and strategies
• Apply well-defined standards (costs, budgets)
• Record required employment information to state and federal agencies
• Knowledge of payroll and time keeping systems
• Propose improvement plans
• Propose employee programs to enhance employment conditions
• Be creative in ways to attract candidates
• Work with managers to maintain proper headcount.
• Plan and schedule manpower consistent with production requirements.
• Be aware of changing climate
• Apply any environmental regulations and ensure they are respected
• Propose improvements
Safety of People
• Apply the safety rules and ensure they are implemented and followed
• Participate in analyzing occupational hazards
• Prevent potential risks
• Take necessary measures if people are performing unsafe acts or are in an unsafe environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
• Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Human Resources experience in a manufacturing setting
• Laws and regulations for Federal/State of Wisconsin regarding employment law, industrial relations, food safety, and health and safety
• Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office
Mail your resume to:
Belmont Plant & Distribution Center
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
218 South Park Street
Belmont, WI 53510