Job Reference #: BE16-BE-70
Full Time | Second Shift
Careers at Lactalis American Group, Inc.
Electro Mechanical Technician
This position will require the ability to work in a team atmosphere as well as individually to repair, install, adjust, or maintain production and packaging equipment. This will also include equipment that is servo-mechanical as well as electromechanically operated. All work needs to be done in a clean sanitary manor as required in a food manufacturing plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
• Repair or maintain the operating condition of the equipment used in production and packaging of a dairy product
• Align, fit, or assemble component parts and hardware, using hand or power tools
• Observe and teat the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
• Preform preventive maintenance functions such as cleaning, lubricating, adjusting, or replacing parts as needed per scheduled maintenance
• Operate newly repaired equipment to verify adequacy or repairs
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequence of assembly
• Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as electronic voltmeters
• Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used in various areas of operation.
• Ability to effectively communicate with operators, fellow maintenance staff, and supervision to perform required tasks.
• Record parts or materials used and ordered or requisition new parts or materials as necessary using Inventory management software.
• Troubleshooting, critical thinking, and complex problem solving is a priority.
• Ability to perform routine maintenance on production and packaging equipment.
• Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Knowledge of electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology
• English Language – ability to effectively communicate verbally and written.
• Previous experience working in a food manufacturing plant is a plus, dairy environment even better, yet not a requirement for employment consideration.
Mail your resume to:
Belmont Plant & Distribution Center
ATTN: Human Resources - LAGCareers
218 South Park Street
Belmont, WI 53510